Tuesday, April 9, 2013

favorite products: beauty

As a busy mom of two young and active kids, I need beauty products that are quick, yet effective.  I've highlighted 5 of my absolute favorites right here.


Eyeshadow: I love Almay's line of eyeshadows that are coordinated for different eye colors.  Their bold nudes are my favorite, adding the right amount of pop without looking too done up for running errands.  My eyes are hazel, but my favorite is the color palette for green eyes; I can get away with using the browns and hazels too though!

Mascara: Covergirl's Lash Blast Fushion has been my go-to mascara for the past 5+ years.  The wand has so many tiny bristles, all close together, so you don't have a problem with clumping and their super-volumizing formula makes your lashes look fuller and longer.  I prefer to use the non-waterproof formula for its easy cleanup, but I also think it goes on a little bit thicker, giving your lashes a more dramatic pop.

Whitening Mouthwash: I prefer to use Listerine at night, but in the morning after breakfast, I use the Crest brand whitening mouthwash.  After just a few days of use, I noticed a difference in the color of my teeth.  I really think a great smile is your best accessory and the better your teeth look, the more you'll want to show it off.

Styling Serum: I've used this hair serum in the humidity of Hawaii and the dry mountain air of Utah and it has never failed me.  It does ten things: adds shine, controls frizz, seals the cuticle, nourishes the hair, no build up, resists humidity, smooths the hair, protects color, alcohol free and creates slip.  Don't let the $20 price tag get you down!  I've had my bottle for 2 1/2 years and I'm just barely halfway through it and I use it just about every day.  It's worth every penny.

Toner: I have used the Sea Breeze brand astringent since high school...well over ten years and I still love it to this day.  Toner is great for clearing your pores and evening out your complexion.  This actually helps reduce the amount of makeup you need to wear, which is great for your skin, wallet, and your time!

What are some of your must-have beauty products?