Friday, September 26, 2014

the basics

Basics are a staple in a wardrobe and that is definitely true for kids.  I try to find things that are comfy but still cute so that my kids can run and play with the freedom to move that they need to really have fun.


Like I've said before, the main thing I look for when buying my kids' clothes is quality.  I want them to be made well without having to pay an arm and a leg for them.  So I have a few brands that I always turn to because I've learned that I can rely on them.




It's 85 degrees today.  We obviously didn't get the memo that it's now Fall, but my kids wear a lot of basics in the colder months too.  I'm sure I'm not the only one and that this isn't any new information for you, but when it comes to basics, I really like finding ones that have a little something special.  A simple top with buttons all down the back or a solid sweater with contrasting cuffs rolled, those are the types of basics I love best. 



When my daughter was a baby, I bought some plain white long sleeve onesies at the beginning of Fall and I embroidered some flowers on one of them and did a kite applique on another so that they were still simple, but had that little something extra.  It was such a fun way to update the look.  I wish I had pictures!  Actually, I probably do somewhere, buried in the thousands on my hard drive...



sources // on him / shorts Carters / tee Zara / sandals /// on her / leggings Gap similar / shoes Gap similar / top H&M / bow

Here are some basics that my kids have and some that I would love to get them.


sources // 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8

On a completely unrelated note, I've been practicing my photography skills with my Father-in-laws' Nikon D80.  I used it on these pictures of my kids.  It's been fun to play around with it and the quality is definitely better than what my iPhone 5S can produce.  What do you think?  Am I doing good for a rookie?
 
*This post was not sponsored; all thoughts and opinions are my own.*