Monday, September 29, 2014

a new suit for the husband

My brother-in-law is getting married in just a couple of weeks and since he's being nice enough not to require his brothers to wear a tux, we needed to buy my husband a new suit.  He hasn't had one for quite awhile and he really hasn't needed it, but oh my gosh, I about died when he tried on the one we ended up buying.  Who knew a suit could be so handsome?!  I guess if you've watched Mad Men, then you'd already know that, and I do, but it was just totally different on my husband....anyway!  Today I'm going to share what we got and then after we get it back from the tailor, I'll post pictures of him wearing it.

His tailor suggested we shop at Dillard's, Macy's, or Nordstrom and check out the sale racks because we could get a really good deal on a very nice suit that way, plus it would help us to save some money since we still needed to pay for the tailoring.  We went to Dillard's, but their sales weren't that great and neither was their selection.  The mall we went to also has a JCPenney and I felt like we should check it out.  Turns out they were having a major sale plus they had a coupon we could use.  For the pants, jacket and shoes, we spent $179.  The suit alone was originally $300, so we totally scored!  The shirt was purchased at Dillard's and it's really nice while still being easy to care for, which is always great in my book.


Here is what we bought for him.

sources // jacket / pants / shirt / shoes

I'm going to make him a pocket square to go with it too and we need to find him a tie that goes with the color scheme of the wedding: burgundy, brown, and ivory.  A burgundy tie is what we're going for and my husband likes paisley ties, so if you know of any good ones, send me the info!  I can't wait to see the suit after it's been tailored to fit him perfectly.  I might never want him to wear anything else.