Monday, September 22, 2014

play time

We got a ton of rain yesterday and today is full of sunshine, so it's the perfect time to play outside in the wet dirt.



One thing I'm grateful for is that the kids clothes have held up so well, even through the endless hours of play they've endured all summer.  My daughter's shirt still looks new!  And it's been stained more times than I care to admit.


When I'm shopping for my kids, I look for things that are easy to care for.  I prefer not to buy anything that has to be hand washed, mainly because I have enough laundry to do as it is and I just don't have the time for it.  But I always make sure to keep things like tops, sweaters, and my skirts out of the dryer.  I'll wash them on cold with a mild detergent, and then I hang them up to dry.  When I go to sort out the clothes on laundry day, I even have a separate pile for just the clothes that need to be hung up.  It makes it so much easier and allows for the kids clothes that go through some serious abuse to stay looking their best for as long as possible.





I've also learned what brands hold up better than others.  When I was in college, I worked for Aeropostale, and they're clothes are definitely great for wash and wear, but they don't last long.  They fade really fast and after a few times of wearing them, they look a lot older than they are.  Obviously my kids are too small to wear their clothes, but I have my favorite stores to shop from when it comes to their clothes based on experience and what has lasted and what has not.


There are times when they definitely look more put together than others, and I know that here their clothes may not seem like much, but I think they're adorable without being childish (a big pet peeve of mine).  They're comfortable for my kids, allowing them to move around easily and because they're so reasonably priced, it keeps me from stressing out when they want to dig in the dirt, or mud, as was the case today.


I mean, what kid doesn't love to make mud pies...


and then run them over?


I know mine do!


sources // on him // shorts H&M / tee H&M /// on her // shorts Gap Factory / tee Zara / bow / sandals

*This post was not sponsored; all thoughts and opinions are my own.*