Monday, November 11, 2013

"Give Thanks" Garland

This craft gives a simple, festive touch for this season of gratitude.  I'm thinking of including a pine cone garland with it, to help dress it up a little bit more.  I can't decide between these, these, these, or these.  Any thoughts?


Supplies:
craft punch (I used a 3" square punch and a maple leaf punch)
twine
card stock
hot glue gun
scissors
metallic gold paint pen

Punch out squares from your card stock and cut little V's out of the bottom to create a pennant.  For the pennants with leaves, simply center it inside your craft punch, just like the picture.


Decide how you want your letters to look (I went with cursive to give it a little more elegance) and use your paint pen to write out "give thanks."


I glued some leaf punches to the first and last pennants of each word.  I doodled with the paint pen before punching them out so that they'd have a little gold design on them.


Before gluing the pennants to the twine, I measured how much twine I would need to center it on our mantle, and then I laid it out on the counter.  With the ends taped down, I placed each card where I wanted them to be when they were glued.  With it set up this way, I glued them into place.


Then I glued on the accent leaves and hung it up on our mantle.