Monday, March 17, 2014

Homemade Guacamole Recipe

Guacamole is one of my most favorite sides of all time.  Any time we have Mexican, whether at home or at a restaurant, for me, it's just not complete without some guacamole.


Here's my recipe for a delicious and flavorful guacamole that is sure to please.

Ingredients:
4 avocados
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1/3 cup diced red onion
1-2 tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black ground pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
3/4 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
cilantro, to taste

I start out by scooping out the avocados and then pouring the lime juice over them to help kind of soften them and break them down a little bit.  Then I add the rest of the ingredients and, rather than mashing the avocados, I stir everything together.  We like our guacamole to have a balance between mashed and chunky and stirring allows us to get the right consistency.


Add to tacos, burritos, salads, quesadillas, nachos, burgers (it's so good!), sandwiches, or serve as a dip at a party.  However you eat it, I sure hope you enjoy it!