Friday, December 6, 2013

"S'more" Holiday Gift Box

I haven't been able to post anything for a couple weeks.  I wanted to write up a special post for Thanksgiving, but my sister and her family were staying with us and that whole week was very busy.  And then this week we've had more family staying with up because my brother-in-law got married yesterday (Woohoo!!  Such a great day!), and now that I finally have some time to sit and write a post, I thought I'd take advantage of that and share with you a fun little gift that we gave to our friends for Christmas earlier this week.


We made little s'more kits in a box.  We a few of these candles from Bath and Body Works for the fire, Ghirardelli chocolate squares (in Twighlight Delight, Milk Chocolate Caramel, and Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel), and we made homemade graham crackers and marshmallows.


The graham crackers are so delicious!  Seriously, I don't want to buy them from the store ever again.  And they're really easy to make.  You can find the recipe here.

The marshmallows were really good too and actually a lot easier to make than I was anticipating at first.  Recipe here.

To package the gifts, I bought these treat boxes from Walmart.  They were the perfect size for this gift.


To finish off the boxes, I tied some ribbon and twine around them and attached the tag; you can download the tags for free here.  We also gave out our family Christmas card with these little gift boxes.  It was a fun and simple gift with that personal touch that I just love so much.  Do you have any fun ideas for homemade holiday gifts this year?  I'd love to hear them!