Monday, June 10, 2013

favorite Pinterest recipes: dinner

If you've ever tried recipes from Pinterest, then you've probably come across the occasional recipe fail.  I know I have and that can be really frustrating, but on the flip side, I have tried some that have turned out better than expected and have had even my young son salivating when I go to make it again.  Here are a few of our favorites. *click on image for link


For this recipe, I used my own homemade biscuit recipe because we all love it so much, but the filling was absolutely delicious.


These enchiladas are a favorite in our house.  In fact, I always double the recipe so that we have lots of leftovers.  My son will eat these for lunch for days after.  For the chicken, I cook it throughout the day in the crock pot with enough salsa to coat it and it comes out juicy and flavorful, a perfect filling for these enchiladas.


We love stuffed bell peppers so much and these did not disappoint.  In fact, this will be my go to recipe from now on because they were so simple.  My only substitutions were: instead of rice, I used quinoa; in place of the turkey sausage, I used ground turkey; and I used chicken stock in the bottom of the pan instead of water.


I don't really know how skinny this chicken Parmesan is, but it's super tasty and sometimes, that's all we really want.


I do not like lasagna, at all.  But I really enjoyed this recipe.


Best meatloaf ever.  At least in my (and my family's) opinion.  The best part about this recipe, is you can make it into meatballs and you'll have plenty that you can freeze for at least one other meal.  Love it!