Monday, May 20, 2013

Decorate a Kids' Room Series: The Artist

Headboard | Desk | Chair | Dresser | Night Stand

I am so in love with this room, I want it for my own space!  I know that I definitely went pricey on this room and that can seem like a lot for a child's space, but remember we're going for a room that can grow with your child, so you won't have to be constantly change it as they get older.  That will save you money in the long run, I promise.  I love the fun headboard and all of the color it brings to the room.  Mix and match it with some great decor that will have your little artist swooning.

Watercolor (top) | Watercolor (bottom) | Bedding | Sheets | Curtains | Rug

The whole point of this room's theme is to help inspire your child's creativity, so you'll want to include items like this easel (which is great for more than just chalk) to give them a place to express that creativity and let their imaginations soar.


Remember, these are just mood boards designed to help you get the feel for the room and provide inspiration.  You can always find things to make it your own.  Shop at antique or second hand shops to find unique furniture and decor pieces, but most importantly have fun!  Because decorating should be nothing but.